15:54Англ. язык 5 кл. Unit 9. Lesson 98. Semester Test on Reading
Aims and objectives: check students' reading skills.
Warm up Semester Test on Reading
The teacher's greeting. Good morning, students! I'm glad to see you. How are you?
Introducing the topic
Teacher tells students about order of the work. Then, if it is necessary the teacher gives translation of some words to the students (on the blackboard) and reminds of geographical and proper names. Students start their work.
Students will get 1 of a point for each right answer. Total mark is 12.
Once upon a time there was a man who had often travelled to foreign lands, and on returning to his own country boasted very much of the many wonderful and heroic acts he had performed in different places he had visited.
Among other things, he said that when he was at Rhodes he had leaped to such a distance that no man of his day could leap anywhere near him as to that, there were many persons in Rhodes who saw how he did it and whom he could call as witnesses. However, one of the people who were standing by, interrupted him saying "Now, my good man, if this all be true there is no need of witnesses. Suppose this to be Rhodes, and leap for us". The man felt ashamed and confused as he certainly couldn't do that. And the people around said "He who does a thing well does not need to boast".
- boast — вихвалятися
- Rhodes — Родос
- leap — стрибати
- witness — свідок, очевидець
- interrupt — переривати, перепиняти
- habit — звичка
- ashame — соромитися
- confuse — відчувати незручність
- Choose the correct title for the text.
1. The Famous Explorer
2. The Boasting Traveller
3. The Real Hero
4. Rhodes Sights
* Put the sentences into the correct order.
1. He claimed there were some witnesses of his leap.
2. The man was ashamed.
3. One of the listeners told him to repeat his leap.
4. The man visited Rhodes. (4 points)
Answers: 4, 1, 3, 2.
* Choose the correct variant to complete the sentences.
1. The text tells about... .
a) a famous traveller
b) a boastful man
c) a brave and heroic person
d) Rhodes places of interest
2. The man in the story boasted about ... .
a) the number of places he had visited
b) his great talents
c) wonderful things he had aeon
d) good friends he had made
3. According to the man's words, ... in Rhodes.
a) there was a competition in leaping
b) all the people can leap well
c) he managed to jump really far
d) he walked to such a distance that no man of his day could
4. One of the people who were standing by, ... .
a) asked him to repeat his leap
b) started boasting about his sport achievements
c) was a witness of the leaping record
d) broke the man's record (4 points)
Answers: 1 a, 2 b, 3 c, 4 a.
* Write short answers to the questions.
1. What was the bad habit of the traveller?
2. Where did the competition take place?
3. What did the traveller feel at the end of a story? (3 points)
Homework Semester Test on Reading
To prepare to the writing test; to repeat Degrees of Comparison, the use of "much/many/a lot of", "some/any", the use of pronouns, "there is/there are" structures, "to be going to" structure, the use of article "the", the use of present Simple, Present Continuous, Present Perfect, Past Simple Tenses, types of questions.
Summary and feedback
The teacher summarizes the work by asking for students' feedback.
Категория: поурочные конспекты уроков | Просмотров: 852 |